Sunday 6 September 2015

AN UNFORGIVING SPIRIT PART 2…SHAME ON ME (SEASON 2 EPISODE 8)

“Be angry, and do not sin” do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil. Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you”. Ephesians 4:26-32

Justina made the move. Shame on me.

Today is the 15th July, 2015.

Now through our silent war, Justina remained the kind and loving wife. She ensured that I had the usual sumptuous dinners and she cleaned up after me. Justina is an excellent cook. Rich and assorted meals are her specialty and all through the cold war, she continued to be her usual wonderful self while I remained trapped in my own bitterness and anger. Now she made her move…

Justina told me she needed to talk to me…I sat and listened. Justina told me how disappointed she was in me for holding on to a grudge for so long without budging even after the sermon in church and all her silent entreaties aimed at making peace. She was hurt that I still chose to remain aloft and she apologized for anything she might have done to upset me. Now instead of breaking down the walls and making things right, the lawyer in me sprang up.

Now on Saturday night when we had the misunderstanding, you remember I said Justina stated that she had other things on her mind aside from contacting the medical lab?  (See Episode 7 of Season 2) Well, that was the statement I held on to. That was the statement that turned my belly. How dare she say she had more important stuffs to think about besides something that directly concerned my vision and our common destiny? I continued hammering on how disappointed I was with her for making such a statement and how she wasn’t demonstrating enough to prove that she was a part of the vision…at this point I was sounding like an old wretched woman but I held on as though my life depended on it. But deep within me, I knew I had no valid point.

On Monday and Tuesday, I had prayed alone instead of our usual joint prayer sessions. God alone knows if my prayers were answered on those days. The bible is clear on the importance of agreement prayer, peace between brethren and forgiveness. I had failed on all counts.

That night as I laid on the bed getting set to sleep, I was overwhelmed with guilt and shame. There is something about anger, it makes you forget what really matters and then you dwell on petty things. As I looked back at the hurt I had caused, I tapped my wife, my friend and my BETTER half “Justina please lead us in prayer”

“Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature”. 1 Corinthians 14:20

Follow on twitter @june7project and do drop a comment to share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment