Thursday 10 September 2015

SEARCHING FOR GOD (PART 1)…BY THEIR FRUITS YOU SHALL KNOW THEM (SEASON 2 EPISODE 10)

“The simple believes every word, but the prudent considers well his steps”.  Proverbs 14:15
Today is the 12th July, 2015…it’s about 8.30am and I am at the Workforce meeting of the Latter Rain Assembly…I got a call from Temitayo.
Now Temitayo is a close friend. He was one of the Grooms-men at my wedding and over the years, we have developed a close bond. A couple of months earlier, I had lied to Temitayo that Justina suffered a miscarriage so we were taking our time before trying again for a child. I lied to him at that time because I felt ashamed to admit that I had Oligospermia…how would I admit that a MAN like me couldn’t generate sufficient healthy sperm cells to father a child? Given the facts, I feared that anyone who knew me would easily attribute my condition to my wayward past or addiction to coke. And so I lied.
Temitayo got married around December 2014 to his girlfriend of  8 years. By February, she had taken in. In a bid to ensure the safety of mother and child, Temitayo’s aunt had introduced Temitayo and his wife to a Pastor who would offer “special” prayers for them. Following the prayers, Temitayo felt obligated to discuss me with the pastor. Now he told me that before he concluded his explanation to the Pastor, the pastor quickly interjected with the conclusion that my wife suffered repeated miscarriages. At that point, Temitayo was convinced that the pastor was gifted since he could foretell the state of things before he was fully briefed. Now the pastor gave Temitayo and his aunt some instructions for me. It included special prayers and offerings. Temitayo’s aunt told him to contact me so she could speak with me personally.
Temitayo called me requesting that we had a meeting when I returned from church.
And so I met with Temitayo and his aunt and had a chat with them. She implored me to create time over the weekend to come and see the pastor so I could hear from him personally.
Now I know Temitayo had my best interest in heart and he was genuinely concerned. I also know that one cannot have too much of prayers. We all have gifts of the spirits which we exhibit and joining your faith with the faith of another man of God is in no way wrong. I have the Holy Spirit indwelling in me and he was all I needed to ascertain if the said pastor carried the spirit of God.
I thanked Temitayo and I thanked his Aunt.
I agreed to go accompany them to see the pastor over the weekend. However, I decided not to inform Justina yet. If I met with the pastor and I was convinced in my spirit that he was of God, then I would share with Justina. If however I discerned that the Pastor carried a contrary spirit, then the matter would die there.
I prayed personally about it.
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.  A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.  Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.  Therefore by their fruits you will know them.” Matt 7 15-20


Follow on twitter @june7project and do drop a comment to share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment