Tuesday 15 September 2015

SEARCHING FOR GOD (PART 3)…GOD’S WAYS ARE NOT CUMBERSOME (SEASON 2 EPISODE 12)

“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world”.1 John 4:1 
I got home on the 18th July 2015 from Isolo and told Justina everything that had transpired at the church and with the G.O. There was nothing I hid from her. If my wife is supposed to be my spiritual partner, then who better to give a confirmation to the decision I am being led to take? 
There are three ways I confirm a received word. The first is through God’s word: I mirror what I hear with the word of God. The second is through Godly counsel: This comes from people I count on spiritually. The third is in situations where I require further assurances after the first two tests: I ask God for a sign.
Now a couple of things I discovered from my meeting with the G.O and I shall expatiate on this;
The G.O never asked if I was born again…
“Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
What is the relevance of gaining benefits and then losing your soul? The primary mission of the Believer is to win souls for the kingdom. All other works are secondary as they supply man’s needs and wants here on earth. However, these needs and wants do nothing for the salvation of the soul. The sole fulfillment of a sinner’s earthly needs simply brings heaven into hell and hereafter the soul returns to hell for eternity. Get it?
“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all”. Ecclesiastes 12:13
 This is supposed to be the whole essence of our being. If we miss this, then we miss all. The first thing should be treated first during intercessions and prayers:
“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you”. Matthew 6:33
Now let’s eat deep into the pronouncements of our G.O. (You will need to re-read episode 11 of season 2 to follow)
And so my mum is gone. Her soul is either ascended to heaven or descended to hell. The idea of her spirit being unhappy has no biblical justification. My bible tells me that:
“And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment” Hebrews 9:27
 Any doctrine that dwells on necromancy is a counterfeit doctrine from Hell. My bible does not teach me that the dead can have a say in the conduct of the living. No.
A doctrine that places emphasis on materials and laws instead of faith and holiness is at best an Old Testament doctrine and at its worst a doctrine straight from the synagogue of Satan. I do not need lanterns to signify the presence of the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is indwelling in me. It is not the lantern, no! Infact, my bible screams that…
“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden”. Matthew 5:14
When Christ died, he put an end to the Old Testament law which required the use of items as similitude of the temple of heaven and the trinity. The Old Testament was for a people who did not know Christ. A people who didn’t have faith and a people who could not be saved by grace.
“But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor” Galatians 3:23-25
“Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace…”- Ephesians 2:15
“For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes” Romans 10:4
No more birthdays? No more wearing black apparel? That I may continually live in fear? No way!
 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” 2 Timothy 1:7
I have mirrored the words of the G.O with God’s word and I found him wanting.
Now am I saying the G.O is a false prophet? No. I have not said so. He may actually be acting according to the ignorance of the origin of voices in his head and his own myopic understanding of scripture. He may not have experienced the God of grace and the wonders of faith, he may still be in the wilderness, searching for the true God…
“Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.” Acts 17 22-23
 If this is the case, then I pray for the G.O. that in his ignorance, God sees the desires of his heart and reveals himself to him…
“But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul” Deuteronomy 4:29
However, if the G.O has iniquity in his heart and purposes to lead others astray, then his judgment is sealed…
“But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber” -2 Peter 2 1-3
I had all these at the back of my mind when I discussed it with Justina. Justina’s reply was legendary. My beautiful wife told me pointblank…
“God’s ways are not cumbersome”
When someone who says he speaks the mind of God tells you to do something complicated and requiring great care, methodology and the element of fear, such a person is definitely not speaking the mind of Christ. No. No way.
That same day, Justina and I visited my parents in Egbeda and I shared my encounter with the G.O with them. This I did to fulfill the next step in affirming God’s voice. My parents and my wife are my spiritual backbones and confirmation from them is necessary. Dad’s word was epic…
“Peace is the barometer you use to determine God’s voice”
And trust me, G.O’s revelation gave me no peace at all. And that settled it.
Friends, my wife and I are patients in God’s waiting room and we long to see Doctor Jesus. The bible states it in clear terms the eligibility for meeting with Doctor Jesus and trust me, G.O missed it big time. Infact, he didn’t mention it at all! Dear friends and all those who are in God’s waiting room, listen to the number one criteria for being eligible for an audience with Jehovah Rapha…

“Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God” Matthew 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment