Tuesday 22 September 2015

THE QUINTESSENTIAL MR AND MRS ONYEMAUCHE OBI… MY CHAMPIONS OF FAITH (SEASON 2 EPISODE 14)

“Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:18-20

We met with my parents later on the 18th July, 2015. Now we discussed the issue of the G.O first (See the story of the G.O. in Episodes 10-12 of Season 2) and when that was out of the way, we discussed the Doctor’s report (See Episode 13 of Season 2) and another nagging issue: when and how do we tell Justina’s parents about the current situation of things?
Now Justina’s parents are wonderful people. However, being Catholics, they had a different understanding of faith and the miraculous. I really didn’t know how the story of our challenge with infertility would affect them. Would they handle it well?

My parents counselled us and advised that it was important for us to remain steadfast in our faith and continue pushing in prayer.

Daddy performed a spiritual exercise…he told me to lift up all the test results before God in prayer. My younger sister Lemechi joined us in my parents’ bedroom as my parents, Justina and I prayed…

“And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it; and Hezekiah went up to the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord. Then Hezekiah prayed before the Lord, and said: “O Lord God of Israel, the One who dwells between the cherubim, You are God, You alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. Incline Your ear, O Lord, and hear; open Your eyes, O Lord, and see; and hear the words of Sennacherib, which he has sent to reproach the living God. Truly, Lord, the kings of Assyria have laid waste the nations and their lands, and have cast their gods into the fire; for they were not gods, but the work of men’s hands—wood and stone. Therefore they destroyed them. Now therefore, O Lord our God, I pray, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You are the Lord God, You alone.” 2 Kings 19:14-19

In the same manner as King Hezekiah, I lifted before God the medical reports put together by mortal men and I petitioned heaven to come into our situation. And together we all called out to God.

We needed to settle some issues with God. Should I go ahead with the surgery? And how best should we inform Sola’s parents about the situation? These issues we presented before God for direction and wisdom. We asked God for a sign to confirm his decisions concerning these issues.
As a family, we agreed that I would consult with Dr Chioma Onyekwere for a second opinion concerning the surgery. Dr Onyekwere is the head of the Medical Department of the Latter Rain Assembly and a Gynaecologist in the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital.

We also agreed that Justina and I would meet with Mr and Mrs Adeleke and Mr and Mrs Adeniyi. The Adelekes are the hosts of our weekend In-house church fellowship program of the Latter Rain Assembly “Church in-the-House”. They are also the conveners of the Fruitful Club which is a gathering of couples in the Latter Rain Assembly who are looking up to God for the fruit of the womb.

Mr Adeniyi was the Chairman at our wedding and his family had really been a blessing to us. They are also members of the Latter Rain Assembly. We planned to meet the Adelekes and the Adeniyis to request that they join us in prayers.

Apart from these people, Justina and I further agreed to share the situation with other men and women of faith whom we trust so they could join us even as we petition heaven for the miraculous.

God is faithful.

“As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord shall save me. Psalm 55:16
Follow on twitter @june7project and do drop a comment to share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment