Wednesday 19 August 2015

HE COVERED MY SHAME…MY DADDY IS MY CLARK KENT (SEASON 2 EPISODE 2)

“and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.’ Deuteronomy 1:29-31

Justina picked the result of the HSG on 6th July, 2015 (See Episode 1 of Season 2).

According to the result, her cervical canal was normal, her uterine cavity was normal. However, they discovered some features of pelvic adhesions. Justina had put a call through to her friend’s sister who was a medical doctor in order to understand the implications of the result and the doctor explained to her…

The adhesions may be the result of infections that were not properly treated. At that stage, it could be managed through drugs or it could heal naturally but total recovery could only be certain through surgery. However, surgery was never recommended for women who had challenges with taking in as this could further complicate issues. There was no cause for alarm though, it was a minor issue.

Her friend’s sister (the Doctor) advised her to do another swab test and have the results before our next appointment with Prof.

I was on official leave from work for about two weeks. I was in the LLM program in the University of Lagos and we were having the semester examination at this time. When Justina told me the doctor’s view over the phone, I went to see the 1 person I could always talk to; my dad.
I drove down to Egbeda to see my dad. I met him in his office (he runs a primary school in Gowon estate) my dad had just returned from Imo state on the 3rd July. He had travelled for the burial of a close friend.
Now the parents of my biological mum are still very much alive.

My maternal grandfather is well over 100 years old while my grandmother is probably almost 100years old. It is my father’s usual practice to mandate my siblings and I to join him in sending funds to my grandparents from time to time.

Honour your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12

Despite the fact that my biological mother was late, my father still took care of my maternal grandparents like they were his own. He usually paid for their medical bills and gave them money from time to time.

But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever”. 1 Timothy 5:8

Now this visit may well be the last because according to my dad, my grandparents didn’t look like they had much time left.

During his trip to Imo State, my father requested that my grandparents bless the entire family individually and he recorded this spiritual exercise on phone.

This spiritual exercise has a major significance…parental blessing evokes something in the spirit…we see it done in the bible and we see the impact. As a believer, you are a priest and as a parent, you are called to function as a priest in your own home. Priests were called to represent the people before God in intercession, to make sacrifices, and to pronounce blessings in the name of Israel’s God. This is your calling as a parent. Pray for your children. Pour your life into them sacrificially. Speak God’s Word over their lives and bless them regularly with the words that God gives.

Better yet is the practice of catering for your aged parents, you are setting standards and you are sowing seeds which you shall REAP BOUNTIFULLY IN YOUR OLD AGE. As you do so, carry your children along so that they shall learn kingdom standards. The aged must never be neglected.
As I watched the video on the blessing session on daddy’s phone, I was overwhelmed with a feeling of nostalgia and it brought back some unhappy memories. My grandmother’s face reminded me a lot of my Mother. It’s been six years now since mother went to be with the lord and although I do not mourn like unbelievers do, every now and then, especially when I perceive something that makes me remember my mother; I break down.

It was during the session that Daddy broke the news of my elder sister’s death to my grandmother…the old woman wept bitterly.

Someday, I will tell you guys more about my elder sister, for now, it still hurts a bit. But I meant everything I said at her graveside… “Onyi you were the best of us all”

I know there is an end to untimely death in my home henceforth. God in his mercy shall preserve the remnant that remain and affliction shall not come a second time.

Now back to my story…

I shared the story of the HSG test report with my dad. Daddy counselled me and assured me that God was still in perfect control of everything. I was strengthened. I explained to my father at this point that Justina and I were making plans to go see the Prof again with the test results but we would not be able to go until the following week. We needed at least N10,000 for consultation fee and other charges and at this time, Justina and I didn’t have up to N5,000 between us. Daddy told me not to worry, he would handle the bill.

It felt a little painful because I didn’t want to be in this position of collecting funds from my father. O lord I look up to you for your sustenance!

But my father is a wonderful person, I know I can always rely on him, he comes through whenever I need him. I am blessed to have him as a father. How much more would Jehovah then care for me if my earthly father is ready to do so much for me?

An hour with my Daddy and I felt so much better and ready to face whatever may come. God is still on his throne.

It is well.


and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus”. Philippians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment