Friday 14 August 2015

A CALL TO WORSHIP…FINDING PURPOSE IN GOD (SEASON 1 EPISODE 8 The Season Finale)


“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” 1 John 1:8-9


I have gone through the initial 7 episodes of Season 1 in order to give a picture of life before May 7th 2015. You will observe that my life before this rude awakening was void of purpose and a personal relationship with God. I simply lived for the moment and I enjoyed the hedonistic lifestyle to the fullest. It took a test result to confirm to me that something was missing. I had long removed God from the equation of my life and now I was finally empty and lost.


I will return again to my place till they acknowledge their offense. Then they will seek my face; in their affliction they will earnestly seek me.” Hosea 5:15

Fortunately, I had parents who knew the way to the father. Parents who knew how to redirect me to the throne room of mercy and grace. Parents who knew when to show up.

“We will not hide them from their children, telling to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and His strength and His wonderful works that He has done”. Psalm 78:4

I was finally ready. God didn’t reveal himself until I was at my lowest point. When I had no one else to turn to; when I was thoroughly broken: This was when I needed him the most.

This blog is aptly named thejune7thproject because it was on this day, a month after my test results came in, that I caught the vision of God’s purpose for my life and the essence of my existence.

Before June 7th 2015, I never had a clear vision about my purpose on earth. Fine, I am a lawyer and a civil servant and I hope to be the best at what I do but when an old friend asked me what my purpose on earth was, I replied simply “I want to be happy”. As elementary as that sounded, it was loaded with a million dreams. My happiness would invariably mean the happiness of mine and that was contentment to me. I didn’t want so much.

Little did I know that God was setting me up for a greater task.

For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren” Romans 8:29

Like an infant, I started seeking God’s face. Every night, Justina and I would worship and call upon the name of God. I sought him in spirit and truth and I put more into fellowship with believers. And my faith became stronger as I studied the word of God and he revealed himself to me in a new and special way.

However, revelation of God’s covenant didn’t come until June 7, 2015.

As I worshipped God in the sanctuary on that day, his word came to me clearly: 

“WHAT DO YOU WANT SO THAT WHEN I DO IT, YOU WILL KNOW IT IS ME” 

“So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it”. Isaiah 55:11


That night, Justina and I approached God in worshipped and asked him for what was most paramount in our hearts.

Children.

We didn’t ask him for a male or a female, we asked him for twins. A girl and a boy. And we sealed our covenant with God in prayer.

I tell you this today so that its manifestation would be evidence that God rules in the affairs of men. I tell you this so that you can press for a better understanding of God, hear clearly from him and forge everlasting covenants with him. God never breaks his covenants. Never.

“Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry”. Habakkuk 2:2-3

In subsequent episodes, I shall share with you how I finally discovered purpose and the reason for creating this blog.

“Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them”. Psalm 139:16

I invite you to share with me, purpose, destiny and fulfilment.

A purpose so big that it has the potential of touching every human being on earth. I shall take you on my personal journey even as I use my life’s experience to teach lessons in faith, purposeful living and family.
This blog is centred on one thing “Choice Children”

And this I shall expatiate on in subsequent posts as I create living templates for model homes, raising godly children and above all, achieving eternal life.


After June7, one thing became clear, I could no longer afford to live an ordinary life; God has created me for something bigger and better. I have no choice but to be extra-ordinary. Apart from my personal walk with God, I will also put up scripture and messages that talk about holiness especially for expectant parents and parents all the same. This is my story filled with the salvation message for all those who long to have their children and those who already do have theirs. Come with me…


No comments:

Post a Comment