Wednesday 7 October 2015

HE KNOWS MY NAME…AN ATMOSPHERE OF WORSHIP (SEASON 2 EPISODE 19)


Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth” -Psalm 96:9

Today is the 22nd July, 2015 and as I drove home from work, I had rap music playing in the car. Now I love music. Music of all sorts. Rap, Blues, Country, Rock, pop, Afro-hip-hop, Fuji…just name it. One this day, I suddenly got a sudden urge to worship my God, Alas! I had no worship music! No CD and no Christian song on my phone.


I saw a young man in traffic hawking CDs and so I purchased a Christian worship CD. The impact was electrifying as my car was filled with heavenly praise. O! What I have been missing all these years.

It was beautiful.

That night as Justina and I worshipped my father and king, I told her that I didn’t want to present any petition before God that night, no. All I wanted to do was to thank him for being who he is. The never changing God, the covenant keeping God and the one who reveals himself to those who fear him…
The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant” Psalm 25:14
As we prayed, I reminisced on the past week, it has been a week full of revelations and faith nuggets, I was fed spiritually and I was growing in the faith. I could readily recount some of the revelations I got last week:
God’s ways are not cumbersome
Peace is the barometer used to determine God’s voice
The talent God gives us is for evangelism and sustenance.
Friends, I love God, I long to be in his presence and I am enjoying this walk with him…a song broke forth from within the deepest recesses of my spirit…
“I love you Lord, and I lift my voice, to worship you, O! my soul rejoice. Take joy my King, in what you hear, let it be a sweet sweet sound in your ears”
My joy was complete.
On the morning of 23rd July, 2015 as I drove to work, I listened to my gospel music and as I listened and worshipped, I burst out in prayer and I started prophesying.
It is a beautiful thing when we dwell in an atmosphere of worship.
But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God” -1 Corinthians 2:10


No comments:

Post a Comment